15th January 2014
Broken Studs Removed from Stabiliser on Ferry
Ten broken studs were removed using spark erosion to make a square hole in the broken piece of stud at the bottom of a 150mm deep hole.
As the studs were removed, new were fitted. Old non broken studs were then removed and replaced with new. All the studs on the flange were then tightened with our hydraulic torque wrench to manufacturer’s specification.
- Rapid removal of seized/broken studs from 6mm up to 100mm diameter.
- Worldwide service from strategic bases in Europe, Middle and Far East.
- Foretract use the latest in house developed Spark Erosion (Metal Disintegration) Equipment.
- Lightweight equipment can travel with technicians on commercial flights.
- Ultrasonic crack testing of cylinder head studs.
- Remote removal of broken cylinder head studs on marine engines making strip down of cylinder unit unnecessary.
- Database of stud sizes and mounting plates required for most Marine Engines and Gas Turbines.
- Safety and Environmental policy.
- Fully trained professional personnel.
- Extensive product and PLI cover.