Marine/Offshore Stud Removal
In the Marine/Offshore industry our customers require the removal of broken or seized studs from a wide range of equipment without further damage to the threaded hole. Foretract are very aware of the lost time costs incurred by ship/offshore installation operators. For this reason our equipment is designed to be operated by our experienced technicians in a fast, accurate and safe manner.
EXAMPLES OF STUD REMOVAL APPLICATIONS IN THE MARINE/OFFSHORE INDUSTRY
- Broken cylinder head studs removed from deep in the engine entablature on marine 4 and 2 stroke engines. This is our most common service of which we have vast experience. Our method of removal now involves the use of our “remote kit” that makes it unnecessary to remove any parts from the engine i.e. cylinder head or piston/liner
- Seized stainless steel studs holding VP propeller blades to the blade carrier
- Broken balance weight studs or seized nuts on engine crankshafts inside the crankcase
- Seized/broken main bearing studs on main engines and generators
- Heavily corroded studs on winches
- Broken stabilizer control cylinder mounting studs inside the trunion
- Seized pins, hydraulic cylinders on cranes, crane pivot pins, lifeboat davit pivot pins, RoRo ramp/hatch hinge pins
- Snapped/seized crane ring gear holding down studs
In the Marine/Offshore industry our customers require the removal of broken or seized studs from a wide range of equipment.
Foretract Engineering is equipped to deal with stud removal in the power generation, oil and gas industries.
Our stock of electrodes includes specially developed electrodes for the removal of broken carbide tip drills from the bottom of deep small diameter holes.
Foretract believe in looking at the complete engineering solution to a given problem.
Foretract have a vast amount of experience fault finding and repair of complex electro/hydraulic control systems.
Give us a call on:
+44 (0) 1768 483 669
Or, request our Stud removal Survey form and we’ll get back to you with a solution tailored specifically to your needs:
Once we receive your request we’ll send you out a form that will help us get to the root of your problem quickly and efficiently. Once the initial information is gathered we can deal with your request in our streamlined and prompt manner and you’ll be well on your way to being up and running again.
HOW TO FIND FORETRACT
Foretract Engineering Ltd, 33 Howard Park, Greystoke, Cumbria, CA11 0TU
UK office > +44 (0) 17684 83669
Mobile > +44 (0) 7836 757339
We are just off the A66 nr Penrith North Cumbria. (Junction 40 on M6)