8th August 2014
Damaged Hydraulic Locking Pin on Helicopter Lift – HMS Ocean
Foretract were tasked with finding a method of correcting the distortion in the mounting flange for the hydraulic cylinder that operates the safety locking pin on the hanger helicopter lift.
Measurements were taken and an adjustable mounting for a small flange facer was designed and manufactured. The machine was then set with a digital level so that the machine would cut a face on the same plane as the lift track.
The photo shows that in order to correct the distortion about 2mm more material was removed from the top of the flange than at the bottom.
- Rapid removal of seized/broken studs from 6mm up to 100mm diameter.
- Worldwide service from strategic bases in Europe, Middle and Far East.
- Foretract use the latest in house developed Spark Erosion (Metal Disintegration) Equipment.
- Lightweight equipment can travel with technicians on commercial flights.
- Ultrasonic crack testing of cylinder head studs.
- Remote removal of broken cylinder head studs on marine engines making strip down of cylinder unit unnecessary.
- Database of stud sizes and mounting plates required for most Marine Engines and Gas Turbines.
- Safety and Environmental policy.
- Fully trained professional personnel.
- Extensive product and PLI cover.