- Purpose of this Notice
- About Us
- How we may collect your personal data
- The kind of information we hold about you
- How we use Personal data we hold about you
- Data retention
- Change of purpose
- Data sharing
- Data Security
- Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
- Access to your information and correction
- How to contact us
Purpose of this Notice
This notice describes how we collect and use personal data about you, in accordance with UK Data Protection Legislation.
We are also bound by our professional body’s codes and regulations, including client confidentiality and the protection of client data.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Foretract Engineering Ltd
We have nominated our Company Secretary to be responsible for our Data Protection. Our Company secretary is our Data Protection Point of Contact and is responsible for assisting with enquiries in relation to this privacy notice or our treatment of your personal data. Contact details are provided at the end of this privacy notice.
How we may collect your personal data
We collect information about you when you enter into an agreement with us to provide services to you or your business. We also collect information when
- you make initial contact with us
- you voluntarily complete surveys or provide feedback
- you request a proposal from us in respect of the services we provide;
- you engage us to provide our services and also during the provision of those services;
- you contact us by email, telephone, post, website or social media (for example when you have a query about our services); or
- from third parties and/or publicly available resources.
The kind of information we hold about you
The information we hold about you may include the following:
- your name and address
- email address and telephone numbers
- bank details
- business details
How we use Personal Data we hold about you
Personal information which you supply to us may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To prepare monthly bills for services
- We may share your information with, and obtain information about you from, or any other relevant organisation.
- If third parties are involved in processing your data, we will ensure that they are compliant with Data Protection legislation.
We will not disclose any information without your permission except if required to do so by law.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected.
When assessing what retention period is appropriate for your personal data, we take into consideration:
- the requirements of our business and the services provided;
- any statutory or legal obligations;
- the purposes for which we originally collected the personal data;
- the lawful grounds on which we based our processing;
Change of purpose
Where we need to use your personal data for another reason, other than for the purpose for which we collected it, we will only use your personal data where that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
Should it be necessary to use your personal data for a new purpose, we will notify you and communicate the legal basis which allows us to do so before starting any new processing.
Why might you share my personal data with third parties?
We will share your personal data with third parties where we are required by law, where it is necessary to administer the relationship between us or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We take the security of your data very seriously and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we have adequate measures in place to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and The Information Commissioner’s Office of a suspected breach where we are legally obliged to do so.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Should your personal information change, please notify us of any changes of which we need to be made aware by contacting us, using the contact details below.
Your rights in connection with personal data
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive details of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are processing it lawfully.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this basis. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or another data controller if the processing is based on consent, carried out by automated means and this is technically feasible.
If you want to exercise any of these rights, or you have any questions about them, please email our data protection point of contact: [email protected]. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information or to exercise any of your other rights. This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to anyone who doesn’t have the right to receive it.
Changes to this Notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be updates on our website at: www.foretract.com
This privacy notice was last updated on 21 May 2018.
How to contact us
For further information on how your information is used, how we maintain the security of your information and your rights to access information we hold on you, please contact [email protected] or telephone 017684 83669
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues, at any time. The ICO’s contact details are as follows:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Telephone – 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 74